FT Optimize is looking for an experienced data scientist to lead improvements in our proprietary and highly customizable bidding system. This person will contribute by enhancing our bidding algorithms and software to meet and exceed specific client requirements. Our stack utilizes Python, R, and many Amazon Web Services.
Who We Are
FT Optimize was founded in 2016 as a way to offer companies custom SEM keyword bidding technology. Most agencies use a one-size-fits-all approach while FT Optimize develops right-size solutions for businesses. We are a modern SEM agency, partnering with clients and handling every aspect of SEM, from planning and forecasting to implementation and running the campaigns. With its initial success stories, clients started asking FTO to also customize software and ML tools for Retargeting, Social Media, Product Ads, and Video Marketing. FTO is driving this machine learning revolution and bringing it to several brand name clients.
Who You Are
You are someone who can easily switch between communicating a strategic product vision, working with engineers on scoping technical requirements or interfacing with clients from a customer service perspective. You have hands-on experience in statistical modeling and machine learning with an interest in paid search optimization and development of keyword bidding algorithms. You’ve worked with generalized linear models, classification, clustering, forecasting, survival analysis, experimental design, and text mining.
- Work in a fast-paced operational environment, servicing clients with customized software that will deliver extraordinary results
- Apply statistics modeling and ML to improve the efficiency of systems and relevance algorithms across ad units
- Participate in the improvement of our algorithmic keyword bidding software after interfacing with client roadmaps and wish lists upon seeing results
- Support all engineering efforts to deliver the essential code on time and error-free
- Perform deep dive analysis to drive new model and feature development
- Collaborate with teams on client implementation
- Work with product managers and engineers to design data products and debug A/B experiments
- Collaborate with the backend engineering team to execute solutions within our production environment
- Minimum 3 year of work experience applying scientific methods to solve real-world problems on web-scale data
- Familiarity with SQL, database modeling and data warehousing principles
- Expertise in at least one scripting language, preferably Python
- Strong working knowledge of statistical and analytical algorithms including regression, classifiers, clustering algorithms, and anomaly detection techniques
- Hands-on machine learning experience and general service-oriented architecture
Nice To Have
- Experience with AWS services of Redshift, S3, and Amazon stack in general
- Previous experience in SEM or digital marketing
- Bachelor’s degree, but will consider relevant experience
- Interest in probabilistic optimization
- 5 weeks vacation after one year
- Competitive Salary
- Stock Options
- Medical/Dental Coverage
- Flexible work-life balance
- Stipend for home office
- 100% distributed workforce
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and strive to have an inclusive work environment.