The liaison between the forefront of customized digital acquisition tactics and clients wanting more leads/sales, the Sr. SEM Manager will help build the company into a massive digital presence for clients looking to optimize and maximize their online spend.
The Sr. SEM Manager will work with clients throughout digital platform implementations to design and implement experience optimization capabilities which drive measurable lift on digital business goals. Responsibilities will include working side by side with both clients and the in house FTO tech teams - designing, configuring, and evaluating performance of optimization activities such as A/B and multivariate tests, targeted and personalized campaigns, and automated recommendations.
FTO needs someone who is smart coupled with being an exceptionally good communicator. S/he needs to be able to fluidly move between tech speak and clients’ goals. S/he will be executing on all SEM/Retargeting strategy (potentially also SEO and Social). Talking to clients and having a good strategic sense is a must. FTO can teach the technical aspects of SEO, SEM and social, but the communication and strong strategic ability must be innate. This person will have to be willing to get involved in the details and actually do strategic work - but the role will move into building a team and managing others as FTO starts to scale.
FT Optimize was founded in 2016 to offer companies custom SEM keyword bidding technology. Most agencies use a one-size-fits-all approach; FT Optimize develops customizable right-size solutions for businesses. FT Optimize is a modern, technology-driven SEM agency, partnering with clients and handling every aspect of SEM, from planning and forecasting to implementation and running the campaigns. With its initial success stories, clients started asking FTO to also customize software and machine learning tools for Retargeting, Social Media, Product Ads, Video Marketing, etc. FTO is driving this machine learning revolution and bringing it to several keynote clients.
Daily Activity and Responsibilities:
- Provide strategy for all digital marketing channels; define and detail out business goals. Propose marketing solution to reach goals. Define KPI and communicate to client goals and project details
- Work as project manager in between product and engineering to ensure we have a technology solution to reach clients’ goals
- Manage deliverable of technology projects to ensure they answer the client needs
- Manage the process of custom marketing campaigns, this will entail ensuring clear client goals are met and resources are doing the actual work on time and correctly to specs
- Respond to possible new business opportunities by formalizing what statement of work would look like.
Qualifications and Skills
- 3-5 years of work experience either as an account manager for a large firm related to SEM/online marketing or a past management consultant.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, but will consider relevant experience as well.
- Opportunity to get in on ground floor at exciting digital company with large scale clients
- Great office location in Half Moon Bay near beach, in fun, downtown shopping area
- 5 weeks of vacation after one year of service
- Position is flexible as long as the work gets done - flex hours ok and some telecommuting ok, but office presence will be needed as well
- Competitive Salary, Stock Options, and Medical/ Dental Coverage
Job Type: Full-time