Full Time - Flexible!
Sr. Software Engineer
FT Optimize is looking for an experienced software developer to lead improvements in a proprietary customized bidding algorithmic system and build out a real time machine learning pipeline. The FTO stack utilizes Python, Ruby and many Amazon Web Services. This leader will code, but morph into the technology leader, building and managing a team of exceptional engineers.
FT Optimize was founded in 2016 as a way to offer companies custom SEM keyword bidding technology. Most agencies use a one-size-fits-all approach while FT Optimize develops right-size solutions for businesses. FT Optimize is a modern technology-driven SEM agency, partnering with clients and handling every aspect of SEM, from planning and forecasting to implementation and running the campaigns. With its initial success stories, clients started asking FTO to also customize software and machine learning tools for Retargeting, Social Media, Product Ads, Video Marketing, etc. FTO is driving this machine learning revolution and bringing it to several keynote clients.
THE ROLE: Sr. Lead Software Engineer
Work in fast paced operational environment, servicing clients with customized software that will deliver superior results
- Lead engineers to create custom software solutions to optimize costs and performance for clients
- Participate in the improvement of the keyword algo bidding software after hearing client roadmaps and wish lists and seeing results
- Support all engineering efforts to deliver the essential code on time and error free, in a fast-moving environment
- Ensure availability, security and reliability of systems and code
- Collaborate with teams on client implementation
- Provide performance, timelines and financial KPIs to management
- 7+ years of programming experience. 2+ years of past team management experience is a must. Experience with AWS services of Redshift, S3, and amazon stack in general is required. Python experience is a must. Ruby on Rails is nice to have.
- They must have machine learning experience and general service oriented architecture. Previous experience in SEM nice to have but not required.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, but will consider relevant experience as well.
- Opportunity to get in on ground floor at exciting digital company
- Great office location in Half Moon Bay near beach, in fun, downtown shopping area
- 5 weeks of vacation after one year of service
- Position is flexible as long as the work gets done - telecommuting ok but office presence will be needed as well
- Competitive Salary, Stock Options, and Medical/ Dental Coverage