Jr. Software Engineer
FT Optimize is looking for an experienced software developer to support improvements in a proprietary customized bidding system and build out a real time machine learning pipeline. The FTO stack utilizes Python, Ruby and many Amazon Web Services.
FT Optimize was founded in 2016 to offer companies custom SEM keyword bidding technology. Most agencies use a one-size-fits-all approach; FT Optimize develops customizable right-size solutions for businesses. FT Optimize is a modern, technology-driven SEM agency, partnering with clients and handling every aspect of SEM, from planning and forecasting to implementation and running the campaigns. With its initial success stories, clients started asking FTO to also customize software and machine learning tools for Retargeting, Social Media, Product Ads, Video Marketing, etc. FTO is driving this machine learning revolution and bringing it to several keynote clients.
THE ROLE: Jr. Software Engineer
- Work in fast paced operational environment, servicing clients with customized software that will deliver superior results
- Work with engineers to create custom software solutions to optimize costs and performance for clients
- Participate in the improvement of the keyword algo bidding software after hearing client roadmaps and wish lists and seeing results
- Support all engineering efforts to deliver the essential code on time and error free, in a fast-moving environment
- Ensure availability, security and reliability of systems and code
- Collaborate with teams on client implementation
- Provide performance, timelines and financial KPIs to management
- 2 - 3 years of programming experience
- Experience with AWS services of Redshift, S3, and amazon stack in general is required. Python experience is a must. Ruby on Rails preferred
- Some machine learning experience is required along with general service oriented architecture Previous experience in SEM nice to have.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, but will consider relevant experience as well.
- Opportunity to get in on ground floor at exciting digital company
- Great office location in Half Moon Bay near beach, in fun, downtown shopping area
- 5 weeks of vacation after one year of service
- Position is flexible as long as the work gets done - telecommuting ok but office presence will be needed as well
- Competitive Salary, Stock Options, and Medical/ Dental Coverage